Friday, September 15, 2006

Black Tom Back to his Best

The focus in WA racing this weekend is in the goldfields where the running of the famous and history laden Kalgoorlie Cup takes centre stage. This years Perth Cup winner Black Tom looks a standout bet for me - despite the short odds on offer.

OK it doesn't take a genius to tip you a 6/4 winner, (yes I still prefer to talk and write in the old odds), and I hate backing favourites and rarely ever do, but boy, this should win easy. He's got weight too, but he's big and strong enough to carry it. I think the key to the race is that trainer Frank Maynard Snr has already won FIVE Kalgoorlie Cups! So ol' Frank knows how it's done.

He's got Tom absolutely cherry ripe for tomorrows race and having listened to my spies up there who've been to trackwork and watched him go around, he's almost unbeatable! So, it's short but sweet. Get on and get in the queue!

Peter Morley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home